This is the recipe we used:
• 1 cup salt
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 1 cup warm water
• food coloring ( we made our dough pink)
• Combine flour and salt
• Add water and stir together until dough forms
• Knead dough for about five minutes until smooth.
• Roll out until desired thickness.
• Press little ones tootsies in to dough.
( If older try out press their hands in to the dough)
• Trim around your impressions. ( I left enough room to write the year and Charley's name)
• Add a hole to the top so you can hang ornament on the tree.
• I used a prink sharpie to add her name and year on the front. On the back I put Charley's age.
• Last step add a robin so you can hang it on the tree!
I have also seen DIY footprint ornaments that were painted after they dried. We didn't have pant so we used food coloring.
This was a fun and easy craft for the whole family todo!